Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Don't drive to Canada with a sword in your back seat

I read something earlier that made me remember this silly incident. I live on the border of the US and Canada, sometimes I go to Canada for my job. My now hubby and I were planning our renaissance/fantasy wedding 4 years ago and the first thing my hubby bought for himself for the wedding was his sword. He was so excited about it, he had the day off and brought it to my office to show it off. I had to leave work early that day because my son had a dentist's appointment. So instead of fiancé and I taking separate cars from my office we decided all three of us would go to the dentist, so we left my car at work, but put the sword in the back seat of my car.

That evening I had to run to Canada so fiancé gave me a ride to my office after dinner to fetch my car and go to Canada. I went through Canadian customs just fine, ran my errand and had a long wait at US customs to get back home. Got to the border guard, he was very gruff with me, he was a bit of a jerk to be honest. Then told me I had to go inside because they were going to inspect my car. I'd never had my car inspected before! So I went inside and about a half hour later a much nicer female border guard came and gave me my keys. She said everything was fine, but I gotta ask ~ why do you have sword in your back seat?? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO my, I'd forgotten all about that sword being there - I'm just happy they didn't take it .

Here's some pics from our wedding














My handsome husband, notice his sword :grin:


No comments: