Thursday, April 16, 2009

Focus

Well high production for us, there is only so much soap we can make with both of us working full-time outside of our business but ~meh~.

So in our high production time I'm making, making, making soap. And now since we've decided to do a luxury line of soaps that has opened up some new doors as well. We are less limited by cost of supplies, granted we are still limited. We're not going to use sandalwood essential oil (that is around $1700 a pound) and pass that cost on to our customers. But we are putting a bit more goodies into the soaps, and into the scents.

I made a soap we are calling Focus, it has a blend of sage, rosemary, tangerine, lemongrass, basil and cinnamon leaf essential oils. The soap isn't quite cured yet, but I grabbed a guest size bar and brought it to work and put it in the bathroom. I keep using it throughout the day and I cannot quit smelling my hands. I love it!

No comments: